"Where is it?" asked JonathanAnd off they went. Jonathan with the fire engine, sirens sounding and Joel with two monster trucks. The bathroom 38 miles away is safe thanks to my two rescuers, Jonathan and Joel!
"In the bathroom," replied Joel
"Don't say that word, Joel. Say '38 miles away'."
Joel answered, "38 miles away."
These aren't just five snowman as anyone can see.
I made them with my hand which is a part of me.
Now each year when you trim the tree
You'll look back and recall Christmas of 2008
When my hand was just this small.
(I couldn't get a good picture of his whole hand)
Whatever Obama's motives are does not concern me. I am just glad that Rick Warren agreed to give the invocation. I know that he has a personal relationship with Jesus and that he converses with Him. Jesus hung out with those that did not agree with Him and that is exactly what Rick Warren is doing - showing the love of Jesus.
The second verse says
For all You've given to meWhen I ask God to show me those blessings he always does. I hope that this song will minister to you today.
For all of the blessings that I cannot see
Thank you Lord
Thank you Lord
While I was fixing the plates of food, I saw some other children walking up and said to myself, "Oh no, we do not have goody bags for them." So I met the grandmother (Bea) at the door and told her what we were doing and explained that we didn't have gifts for everyone, but we'd figure it out. Well, she wasn't going to let her grand babies feel left out, so she started to take them out. I told her that they wouldn't be left out. The rest of the conversation does not need to be repeated, but we were both offended.
If you know me, you know that I am tenderhearted. I began to cry for many reasons, but deep down I did not want this precious lady to be hurt. I spoke to Kylie's grandmother and she got more goody bags for the three girls. There was enough food. All the children had a great time.
I went back to the service crying. Honestly, I was stewing and was having a hard time getting over it. I asked the Lord to help me forgive her. That's the right thing do to, am I correct? The lady ministering today was talking about walking in the love. Was I loving this lady who offended me?
At the end of the service, Denise called Bea up to be prayed for. Bea has been under a lot of pressure. She called Pastor Laural up to pray too. I stood up to help Bea with the baby, but Denise told me that she wanted me to lay hands on Bea and minister to her.
As I stood before Bea, I knew that I could not minister to her with unforgiveness in my heart. I started crying all over again. I hugged Bea and told her I was sorry and asked her forgiveness. She also apologized and asked for my forgiveness. Denise looked at me because she wasn't finished yet, but I explained that we had to take care of some business before I could pray for her.
I told the Lord I didn't know what I could say to encourage her with what transpired between us. But as we forgave each other, the Lord gave me the words that he used to encourage her. I willingly laid hands on Bea and prayed. God answered my prayer and helped me forgive.
It made me laugh to realize that God put me in a position to forgive before I could stew for long and let the matter get out of control. I really just wanted to deal with it privately, but God knew what was best for us today.
We have a good God.
Take an inventory of what you don't have that is causing you jealousy or envy. Then ask yourself if that item is really a necessity or a luxury. Next, take an inventory of what you do have. Ask God to give you a heart of thanksgiving that will lead to contentment.
Jenners played a little game on her blog recently, my cousin Christy did too, so I asked to play. All you have to do is make a list of ten of your favorite things. The catch is that everything on the list has to start with a specific letter of the alphabet, which is assigned by the blogger you are playing with. Jenners little One assigned me "T" so here goes... my favorite things that start with the letter T.
1. Tiramisu is my favorite dessert and I enjoyed it most on my first date with my husband.
2. Tami is my very best friend from college. We met the summer that we both stayed to work. It sure helped to have someone to pass the time with as we didn’t have TV and didn’t get off campus much.
3. True Friends love me despite my faults – Jenn, Melissa, Mary, Tonya, Tami .
4. Transcription, yes it can be one of my favorite things as it was my first job as a “work from home mom.”
5. Three Children – I have always wanted two boys and one girl. I have my two boys and one day I will have my girl.
6. Two Sisters – I have the best sisters in the world, Judy and Debby. (I have a great brother too, but nothing started with T to fit him). I was 13 when Judy was born and I was a little mother to her and I enjoyed helping my mom with her. I was 19 and a freshman in college when Debby was born and really didn’t get to know her until I moved back to Valdosta in 1996.
7. Twenty-eight years old is when I gave my life back to the Lord. What an awesome experience to know God on a personal level.
8. Two Thousand One (2001) is the year that I married the love of my life, Lee. I am so thankful that the Lord brought us together through a singles ministry at the church I was attending. Of course, I had no idea that he was interested in me at the time. And my friends tell it that it was soooooo obvious. J We’ve had seven good years and two beautiful boys.
9. Triangles are fun, especially when I get to tutor geometry! The Lord used this experience to show me my passion of teaching high school Math. Another goal to work toward.
My understanding of my position in Christ and my knowing God as my Father is a daily journey. As I mediate on God's Word and let it get into my spirit, I trust God and his promises. The delight in being a great father to His children on earth is what motivates God!
I want to know you God as a true father who is my teacher and my provider. I do not want to cast an image on You that is not true. You are Abba Father to me and I trust You!
The Lord gave me the words to this song several months ago:
Father, you have given me an ornament of beauty
You have given me oil of joy
You have given me the garment of praise
And girded with gladness, I dance before you.
Because You are Lord
You are God
You are Most High
You are Almighty
You are Provider
You are Healer
You are Righteousness
You are Lord of Hosts
You are Conqueror
You are Peace
You are Present
You are Lord
Father, I have given you all of my brokenness
I have given you all of my heart
I have given you all of my passion
And girded with your Spirit, I choose life.
My Daily Bible Reading comes from
The Devotional Bible
Experiencing the Heart of Jesus
Max Lucado, General Editor
2. I am married to a godly man and have been blessed with two beautiful boys.
3. I am doing what I've always wanted to do - be a stay at home mom.
4. I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
HOW THIS WORKS:
1. Repost the picture on your blog and pls. acknowledge where it came from. Kindly leave a comment on this post so I would know you've posted it.
2. Write down 5 things you are grateful for, the 5th being the bloggers you are tagging
3. You may copy this or write your own quote regarding gratitude:
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 118:1
I AM GRATEFUL BECAUSE this blog was passed on to me by: meili_lo
My friend Melissa made a bed quilt with the same pattern and shared it with me. Isn't she talented?
I've made progress on my Blooming Nine Patch, but I am not ready to show it yet. But it will be a nice quilt.
I'm glad to be quilting again. It is a relaxing hobby for me and I love the exactness of it. I'm hoping to take a class on paper piecing after the first of the year.
I like hearing how others got started quilting. For me I saw a quilt and thought that I probably could do it too. And we had a quilt shop downtown that was teaching classes. It was a lot of fun. I mainly did wall hangings and baby quilts, but now I am branching out to do a bed quilt. We'll see how that turns out.
One of the ladies in my latest class said that she made a quilt doing it "her way" and decided to learn some basic techniques. She wasn't at all interested in the exactness of the art. But oh how that interests me.
This first group of fat quarters I won as a door prize when I attended the Grand Opening of Boston Bobbin in Boston, Georgia. It is a quilt shop about 13 miles West of Quitman. I recently attending a quilting class on the Blooming Nine Patch.
I bought this next grouping thinking about making a bed quilt for my master bedroom. I have a pillow that I want to use as inspiration, but I'm not sure that these colors will match. And I need to find out if my husband likes the colors or not.
This last group I bought just because I liked the colors. I think I'm going to make a lap quilt for myself.
I'll post the patterns as soon as I decide what they will be. Decisions, Decisions.
I found some Christmas fabric in my stash and I want to make a tree skirt with it. Hopefully, I'll finish it before Christmas.
What do you think? Have any suggestions?