Sunday, January 4, 2009

In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence


What has caused me to allow depression, anxiety, insecurity, fear, anger and resentment into my life? I have been disappointed and not been able to work through it and trust God. "This is not what I signed up for," I tell God.

"For the mind set on the flesh is death,but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; ...However, you are not in the flesh but the Spirit." Romans 8: 6,7,9 NAS

When reading the above scripture I never read past "the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace" and received a revelation tonight when I saw that having a mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God. But then I was reminded that I am not in the flesh, but in the Spirit as I am a child of God and the Holy Spirit dwells in me. Hallelujah!

I often try to find books that I can read to help me with whatever issue I am dealing with at the present time. Today, it is the Bible. I need to find out what it says for myself. There are a lot of good books out there filled with wisdom and scripture, but for me I need the Word alone at this time. I found the following to help me with my insecurity -

"In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, and his children will have refuge. The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, that one may avoid the snare of death." Proverbs 14:26-27 NAS

Life map has been the topic that I have heard several times recently. One being from my friend over at Fat, Fed up and Gettin' Fit!, who is setting goals for fitness. I am setting goals for my spiritual life map.

What is my spiritual life map? To be in love with Jesus.

How do I achieve this goal? Have a daily encounter with Him with uninterrupted quiet time of prayer, the Word and/or reading or listening to teaching material.

1 comments:

sweetsong32 said...

Wow. I have read that scripture in Romans so many times, but never quite hooked on to the last part. Very powerful and heart-piercing. Thank you for sharing this and for sharing your heart.

Post a Comment

 
;