Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration 2009


President George W. Bush was gracious in making the transition of power a smooth one. I am so thankful that he was our President for eight years. I think that overall he did a great job. What I am most thankful for is that he was a child of God and he was a praying President. He said in one interview that the job he valued most as President was being Commander in Chief. How awesome it that? God bless President and Mrs. Bush as they begin this next chapter in their lives.

I watched the inauguration events today and the days leading up to this historical event. My children are not old enough to understand what was going on, but I did explain who President Bush was and who President Obama was. I was glad that I didn't have to explain the underlying mood like some of my homeschooling friends had to tell their children today. It is awesome that we have an African American man as president. I think it shows that America is the place where dreams can come true for anyone. There's a lot of fluff in change and hope, but we've not been given any solid platform for this change and hope to stand on. What we must remember is that our hope should rest in the Lord God. He is the only One who can bring change!


My friend Tami has an excellent post on her blog Moms4SarahPalin. Please take a moment to read it and comment. She said it better than I ever could.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Mary. As much we hope for a better change for the world, and a better leadership,we shall never forget about who holds the truth, hope, and love in our lives. May God bless you and family always. ^^

Post a Comment

 
;