Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Friends


2008 has been an amazing year for me to reconnect with old friends. I've found friends from college, from my previous church and have even connected with family on facebook. It has been so great to reconnect.

One unexpected benefit from blogging is the friends I'm made here in blogospere. I'm actually surprised at how many people find my blog and enjoy my writings.

With most of my friends we are connected by our faith in Jesus Christ. I thank God for the people in my life. I know that those that cross my path, either literally or figuratively, are not by coincidence, but by a divine appointment.

I'm reminded of a song that I learned in the Girl Scouts when I was in elementary school:

Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold.

A circle is round,
it has no end.
That's how long,
I will be your friend.

A fire burns bright,
it warms the heart.
We've been friends,
from the very start.

You have one hand,
I have the other.
Put them together,
We have each other.

Silver is precious,
Gold is too.
I am precious,
and so are you.

You help me,
and I'll help you
and together
we will see it through.

The sky is blue
The Earth is green
I can help
to keep it clean

Across the land
Across the sea
Friends forever
We will always be

4 comments:

meili_lo said...

hi mary. i tagged u here:

http://sept4u.blogspot.com/

=D

Anonymous said...

hi mary!

thank you so much for sharing your story to me. yeah, God is so great!

and yeah, facebook has also been very good for my friendship network. i also wrote about it and friendster at
http://www.poshpost.blogspot.com

have a wonderful day!

Mimi said...

Oh, I remember that song from Brownies. But I HATED Brownies! Those girls were so mean to me and I was the only one who didn't have a REAL Cabbage Patch because my parents didn't "believe in fads". (Guess what I bought Maddy for Christmas?) You've just given me a flashback and now I'm going to feel insecure all day...
Just kidding, I actually like that song, and I like you, too. I too have enjoyed reconnecting and connecting for the first time on the "internets". (o:

Mary said...

Mary Wary - I never said I liked Brownies/Girl Scouts. I didn't even have a uniform. That's what I hated most. It seemed that we could never have anything that everyone else had. What's wrong with that?????

Post a Comment

 
;