Thursday, October 23, 2008

Why does that amaze me?


My husband, Lee, took Jonathan to pre-school today. Jonathan's school is about 28 miles from our home. He goes to school three times a week from 8:45 - 12:00. So we usually stay in Valdosta while Jonathan is in school and get home around 1 pm. Joel and I had a good time together. Sometimes Joel does enjoy time with mama by himself, but he still looks for Jonathan to play.


Today I was looking for Lee and Jonathan to come home around 1 pm. That hour past and I realized they may not be back by 2 pm when I had a hair appointment. So I made arrangements for Joel and got my hair cut. When I got home around 2:30, I expected them to be back but they were not. A little after 3 pm, Lee and Jonathan walked in bearing toys from Target. So everyone was happy!

Lee told me later that while in Target today, Jonathan started crying and saying "Want Mama" and it took Lee about 10 minutes and a walk to the toy department to settle him down. Well, when Jonathan wasn't playing with his Little Einstein Rocket or Joel's Little People Fire Truck, he was stuck to me like "white on rice."

Jonathan missed me today. Why does that amaze me?


Rocket got a special place tonight at bedtime. I just had to share how cute it was.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

That's so sweet!

sweetsong32 said...

Awwww. Isn't it precious when they miss us? Makes a heart melt. Even when they get to be teenagers, they still miss their mamas at times. SOmetimes, in the evening, Shelby will come in my room and just sit in here with me. Amazing, indeed!

Post a Comment

 
;