Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Childhood Bedroom

I am linking up this week with Mama Kat and have chosen prompt #2:

What do you remember most about your childhood bedroom?

My Mama let me decorate my bedroom how I wanted, so I had:


Twin Beds
Yellow Gingham Bedspreads
Holly Hobby
Shuttered Windows
Yellow Gingham Curtain
Yellow Floral Wallpaper

I loved that room.  I had lots of windows into the back yard.  I remember playing 45's on my own record player.

Then we moved.

In our new house, in a new state, at the start of my ninth grade year, my Mama let me decorate my bedroom how I wanted, so I had:


A Double Brass Bed
A Blue Bed Spread
Yellow and Blue Floral Wallpaper
Holly Hobby
Yellow Gingham

I enjoyed my high school years in that room.  But what I most remember about my childhood bedroom is that my Mama made every effort to create my dream room for me.  A place that I could call my own.  And at a time when my life changed so drastically in my eyes, my Mom did her best to make my childhood bedroom a safe haven for me.  Thanks Mama!



8 comments:

Jerralea said...

How sweet of your mom!

I've always been a big fan of yellow gingham. Holly Hobby, not so much ... but I'm sure your room was adorable.

Judy Bennett said...

What about your little sister who would read with you in that second room? :)

Abby said...

Aw, that's sweet! I think that we all need our own space to call our own and decorate it how we like. Seems your mom felt that way too.

Unknown said...

That was special too...but deserves its own post. Don't you think?

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by.

kayerj said...

I remember holly hobby and gingham--it was quite popular at one time. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Jenners said...

Holly Hobby!! That brought back memories!

Post a Comment

 
;