Thursday, October 29, 2009

A special opportunity......

I tutor. I have one student that I've been with for three years now. It has been very rewarding to see his grades improve and his confidence levels jump. I've worked with him in Algebra I, Geometry and now, Algebra II.

Last year, I was able to tutor a sweet girl in Geometry and again saw her grades improve and her confidence levels jump. She ended up passing Geometry. This year I'll help her study for the ACT when needed.

This year, I've taken another student in Algebra II. In just a couple of weeks, his grades have improved by 40 points and his confidence levels have jumped too. I can't wait to see what the final result will be.

Confidence. These students saw their grades improve because their self-confidence improved. They can do the work. They put in the time needed to study and practice. They saw the results. Which caused their self-confidence to jump - again! I have enjoyed this so much.

This week, I was offered the opportunity to substitute teach for these kids' teacher who is fighting breast cancer. She will be out for 4-6 weeks. Pray for the teacher as she undergoes surgery and treatment. This is a scary time for her.

I'll be teaching Trigonometry, Algebra II and Geometry. I am so excited about this opportunity. But I'm nervous too. But a dear friend told me that it wouldn't take me long to find my "teacher voice". I am so enjoying my life.

1 comments:

Christy said...

Oh, how fun!
I am sure your teacher voice will sound a lot like your mommy voice. Hee hee. Good luck.

Post a Comment

 
;